Advocating for strategic content marketing is a top priority task for CIOs to push their firms’ overall marketing towards success.
FREMONT, CA: Previously, the brands used broadcasting media to advertise their content and reach the consumers. But the advent of the internet opened new ways of communicating with the customers facilitated through online platforms. Today’s marketers find massive potentials in online platforms for connecting with their audiences via social media platforms. The significant benefits of online platforms help the brands gaining the attention of their tech-savvy audience while performing accurate monitoring of their brand’s performance. The digitalization in marketing platforms is encouraging the tech-savvy CIOs’ to develop a result-driven content marketing plan. Below are some of the ways that can add value to an effective content marketing strategy.
Framing a Plan of Action
The new-age CIO looks for different ways to design a content strategy plan as their first step towards business success. Strategic objectives for the business can not only provide strategic decision-making but also eliminate the chances of conflicts between the IT and the marketing teams for a longer duration. On focusing the customers, the marketing strategy plan must include the targeted audience, brilliant content to attract potential customers’ attention, and the customer-centric offerings with personalized benefits. As the customer viewpoint is an essential aspect of consideration, it’s also necessary to consider the business perspective. Some of the primary business considerations that help the organizations frame the content strategy plans:
• Foster Sales, along with high-quality leads, which can assist in meeting revenue goals in the future.
• Strengthen the brand image can reward the business with loyal customers and establish the brand as a trusted entity across the market.
• Social media activities play essential roles in brand awareness and also generate lead.
Making the objectives clear can help the marketers set up key performance indicators (KPIs) as the next step.
Determining a Way to Measure Performance
At the core of KPI lies, determining a way to measure short term goals of a content marketing strategy. CIOs can assist CMOs by tracking the software that will monitor business sales, revenues, traffic, SEO, and various aspects of their digital marketing efforts. In general, the KPIs revolve around the number and provide insights into:
• Extension of a particular revenue target that hit within a quarter, month, or year.
• Estimate the number of registrations for generating high-quality leads.
• The number of new subscribers.
• Measuring the site traffic and the engagement of the onsite content.
Including the above, the KPIs also deal with marketing expenses, understanding the effectiveness of individual campaigns, and making more sales.
Understanding the Targeted Audience
For the success of any content marketing, it’s essential to understand the activities and needs of the targeted audience. Tech-savvy CIOs can assist the marketing personnel and collect information about the targeted audience systematically. The comprehensive analysis of the primary demographics in the audience, which covers gender, age, education, religion, preferences, personality, and other factors, can offer significant insight before the preparation of the marketing campaigns. Here are the primary marketing approaches through which demographics data can be collected:
• Social media, web, and email subscriber analytics can provide personalized user data such as gender, age, income, education, and others.
• Collect data from visitors, subscribers, and social media followers.
• Understanding the critical interests of the audience can also be gathered with the help of Google Analytics.
• Advanced marketing strategies to match with their targeted audience.
• Customer feedback further helps the business to learn more about its audiences. Customer feedback can enable a brand to:
• Understanding the customer’s expectations to a better extent.
Developing customer personal preferences based on their activities collected from multiple sources allows the marketers to better targeting of their audience. The preferences can be used for keyword research efforts and also as a reference while crafting copy. Customers’ choices can assist the sales team in building a rapport with the customers.
Today, every brand is publishing various marketing contents expecting to attract the attention of their audiences. However, only a few succeed in capturing the attention of targeted consumers. The content auditing process can provide insights into the performance of content while also supporting in recognizing the gaps and bridging them for better outcomes in the future. CIO can cooperate with the CMO and the marketing teams and increase content auditing software that embraces the business-specific aspects of the firm. Such software can help with:
• Determining the keywords related to the niche that might be overlooked while targeting the audience.
• Questioning from the targeted audience that haven’t been answered.
The above steps can automatically enable ascertaining where a brand stands and which of the channels are contributing the most to the cause.